BOXSHOP PRIVACY STATEMENT
BoxShop appreciates the interest that you have shown in our company and services by visiting our website (www.boxshop.be) and/or our channels of communication (including our social media). This Privacy Statement concerns all Personal Data that we process.
BoxShop is responsible for the processing of your Personal Data.
The following terms should be understood as indicated in this Privacy Statement:
- BoxShop: BoxShop NV, with its registered office at Belcrownlaan 23, 2100 Deurne and registered with the KBO (central business database) under number 0898.735.682; telephone number:0032 (3) 360 54 44, email@example.com
- Website: The website of BoxShop, www.boxshop.be, and its derivatives developed and operated by BoxShop
- Personal data: Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- Processing/Processor: Any operation or set of operations, whether or not performed by automatic means, and applied to the personal data of natural persons, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation, alteration, erasure, consultation, communication and use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, combination or alignment, restriction or destruction.
2. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
BoxShop respects your privacy and attaches great importance to the protection of your privacy and to the confidentiality and security of your Personal Data.
Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (‘the GDPR’) applies to the processing of your Personal Data. This legislation is referred to as ‘Data Protection Legislation’.
3. WHICH PERSONAL DATA?
BoxShop may process Personal Data of visitors, including but not limited to the following, via the contact form, telephone contact, e-mail and cookies:
- Information about your computer or mobile device and your visits to and use of the Website, operating system, browser type and geographical location;
- Contact information the visitor provides us with: name, e-mail address, telephone number;
BoxShop may process Personal Data of clients via the contact form, telephone contact and e-mail:
- Information regarding the services you wish to purchase from Gosselin Group: relocation information (e.g. loading and unloading address), type of service (e.g. Forwarding, Customs Clearance, Warehousing and Trucking);
- Any other information that you decide to provide us with.
BoxShop may process Personal Data of suppliers via telephone contact and e-mail.
If the data subject personally provides information via the contact form, the fields indicated by an asterisk (*) are strictly necessary for the purposes for which they are processed. If these fields are not completed, the form will not be accepted. The other fields can be completed in order to facilitate the services provided by BoxShop. Failure to complete these fields will not have any effect.
4. FOR WHICH PURPOSES?
BoxShop collects and processes Personal Data for one or more of the following purposes:
Providing and performing the services of BoxShop;
Fulfilling the agreement
Managing requests for information;
Consent/Fulfilling the agreement
Improving the functioning of BoxShop and the Website;
Legitimate interest (Improvement is necessary in the interests of BoxShop. Improving the functioning of BoxShop also benefits the data subjects, without adversely affecting their rights and interests.)
Sending a newsletter/advertising;
Consent/Legitimate interest (It is in the interest of BoxShop to inform its existing and potential customers about its services and any expansion of those services.)
Fulfilling the agreement / Legitimate interest
Fulfilling the agreement
Legitimate interest (It is in the interest of BoxShop to deal with any complaints and disputes.)
|Compliance with the legislation in force.||Statutory obligation|
If BoxShop wishes to use Personal Data for a completely new purpose, BoxShop will ask for your consent prior to this new use.
If the processing is based on your consent, you are entitled to withdraw this consent at any time, without this affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on that consent before its withdrawal.
5. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
BoxShop only processes Personal Data for internal use for the purposes as described above. We do not rent out or sell your Personal Data to third parties for use for their own purposes.
Within BoxShop, Personal Data are only made available to its personnel on a need-to-know basis.
BoxShop may use processors to process your Personal Data. Processors are natural or legal persons, public authorities, agencies or other bodies that process Personal Data on behalf of BoxShop.
BoxShop transfers Personal Data to the following categories of recipients:
- Processors providing statistical research and analysis;
- Processors and controllers that provide payment facilities;
- Controllers acting as payment institutions;
- Processors providing hosting for the Website, related databases and Cloud computing;
- Processors and controllers who act as subcontractors for BoxShop in the performance of the services;
If Personal Data are processed outside the European Economic Area, BoxShop ensures that appropriate or suitable safeguards are put in place for this purpose. Data subjects may obtain a copy of the guaranteed measures upon written request.
Your Personal Data may also be transferred to a third country in some cases (for example when you move to another country outside the EEA), particularly if you have expressly agreed to this, if the transfer is necessary for the fulfilment of an agreement between us or for the implementation of the pre-contractual measures taken at your request, and if the transfer is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of an agreement concluded in your interest between BoxShop and another natural or legal person (e.g. your employer).
BoxShop may change its corporate structure by altering its legal form or by means of a merger, acquisitions and sale. In such transactions, Personal Data will be transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and the applicable data protection laws.
Anonymous data can always be transferred, whether or not for commercial purposes.
6. DATA RETENTION PERIOD
The Personal Data will, in any case, be kept by BoxShop for the duration of the relevant agreements and for a period equal to the statutory limitation period thereafter. In addition, data is kept for as long as required by law and shall not be kept longer than necessary for the processing purposes described above.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Data;
- To have your Personal Data corrected, updated or removed from our administration;
- Limit the processing of your data;
- Object to the processing;
- Transfer your data to you or a third party;
- Report abuse of your Personal Data;
- Appeal against automated decision – making, including profiling, if this is used in the processing of Personal Data
To help us protect your request, you must provide us with your full name and details and submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Within one month of submitting your request, we will inform you of the follow - up given to this.
Lastly, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. For Belgium this is: Data Protection Authority at Drukpersstraat/Rue De La Presse 25, 1000 Brussels tel: +32 (0) 2 274 48 00 or by e-mail at email@example.com (www.dataprotectionauthority.be)
Without prejudice to any administrative or judicial remedy, every data subject shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of his or her habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if the data subject considers that the processing of personal data relating to him or her infringes this Regulation.
BoxShop reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. This Privacy Statement was last amended on the 12th of April 2019.
If one or more clauses in this Privacy Statement are declared fully or partially void or non-binding by judicial intervention, this will in no way affect the validity of the other clauses or the validity of the Privacy Statement as a whole.
If BoxShop wishes to amend or replace the clause(s) in question, the amended or new clause(s) must correspond as closely as possible to the clause(s) declared void or non-binding.
The failure by BoxShop to require strict compliance with the provisions of this Privacy Statement will not be construed as a waiver or rejection thereof.
11. APPLICABLE LAW
Any dispute or claim relating to the processing of Personal Data, this Privacy Statement or anything mentioned in it is governed by Belgian law and falls under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts and tribunals of Antwerp (Belgium).